Monday, January 16, 2012

Behavior Management

I have finally found a system that I LOVE for behavior management! Since most of my kids come from non-English speaking homes, I use stoplights in the students' planners to communicate how they did each day.





I just finished making a stoplight chart (after trying many other unsuccessful ways to track their colors..) This chart is tall as the whiteboard and it hangs in the front of my room. I used 5 gallon buckets to trace the circles onto construction paper.


If students need redirecting, I ask them to move their cards up one level. We color stoplights in before lunch and the kids can move their cards back down to green. We also have a classroom economy, so I charge $3 for yellows and $5 for reds.

Here's a close up of the sign:






I poked holes in each light with scissors (an exacto would be easier and probably neater) and I attached paper clips so that students can quickly and easily move their cards up. I'm loving it and even the kids are commenting on how cool the sign is! That NEVER happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment