Sunday, April 8, 2012

Food Chain Pop-Up for Science Lapbooks

I'm going to try to write one quick post a week. I accidentally committed myself to leading three big projects at work, so I'm feeling a little bogged down by all of that.

One of the life science lessons in our district involves students cutting out paper and stapling it together to make a food chain. We make science lapbooks for each of the three units in fourth grade,so I had to figure out a way to make a food chain fit into their lapbooks.

BEHOLD! THE FOOD CHAIN POP-UP! I think it's pretty cute. We already had glued this pop-up page into the life science lapbooks and I didn't know what I was going to do with it until five minutes before the science lesson.
The top part has a window to show the transfer of energy from the sun to the producers.


Here's a picture of what our life science lapbooks look like. The habitat brochure I wrote about last week goes on one of the inside flaps. Also, here's the link to my original lapbooking post so you can get the printables if you're interested.








2 comments:

  1. Where can I get the templates for this awesome lapbook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get the templates for this awesome lapbook?

    ReplyDelete