Saturday, May 12, 2012

Readers Response Prompts! On stickers!


 This year, I  had copies made of reading response journal prompts- my students cut and glued them into their notebooks... 

BUT I had a much better idea for next year: reading response mailing labels!! (I love any excuse to use labels...) I typed up three prompts per label so that my class can cut them into strips and then they can just peel and stick! Plus, I made a rubric for grading (only one row) that you can just stick into their notebooks! I'm pretty excited! The second page is a whole sheet of peel-and-stick rubrics to stick in their notebooks for grading! :)  Hopefully, the peel-and-stick rubrics will make grading easier next year.
 P.S. CUPS means capitalization, usage, punctuation, and spelling. I think the acronym is from Step Up to Writing.






4 comments:

  1. Love your peel and stick rubrics! This is such a great and simple idea.

    I am your newest follower.

    http://ericashep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know- it is so simple- I'm kicking myself for not coming up with it sooner! Thanks for following!
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Your blog is great! I will be teaching 4th grade again(after a year away in kindergarten). Your reading response mailing labels caught my eye. I couldn't find the link to purchase them. Are they included with another item? Please help. Thank you.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Danielle! I believe I have fixed the link in the post, but here it is just in case:
    http://www.teachersnotebook.com/product/mnschenk/readers-response-mailing-label-stickers

    I'm in the process of switching from TPT to Teachers' Notebook because I like it better- so some of my links may not be working. :-/ Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete