Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tutorial: Changing ActivInspire Color Schemes

Hi all!

I am a big Smart Board fan, but I'm getting a little tired of the white background- so I thought I'd show you how to change the default background color of your screens.

1. Go to the ActivInspire dropdown at the top of your computer screen. Click preferences.




2. When the pop up box appears, click on Flipchart (highlighted in purple,) then click on default page color and make the change. The setting will take effect as soon as you quit out of the program and restart it.

I changed my default page color to black so it looks like a chalkboard!


3. Now here's how to change the pen colors to some cute pastels! First, go to http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes and explore! There are TONS of different color schemes to choose from.

Since I'm going for a chalkboard look, I searched the word, "chalk" on the website. Here's a palette I liked:

4. Once you find some colors you like, simply right-click (or hold down control and click for Macs) on the color you want to replace in ActivInspire. When the color box pops up, choose the eye dropper tool. Make sure you can see your color pallette first, because you can't click on anything to move it around with the eyedropper tool.
 
5. Click on the color you like with the eyedropper tool and it will replace the old color! Keep going until you love all of your colors!

Here's my handiwork!

P.S. Only three more days to enter my 100 Follower giveaway! 
Good Luck!

-Kayla



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! Love the black background and writing with a bright color. The students love it! I'll take any ActivInpire tips you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. If you have any requests for Activinspire tips, let me know!

    ReplyDelete