Friday, August 3, 2012

Currently...

Ahh.. It's naptime! I've gotten SO much done this summer during my precious daughter's naptime. This morning, I brought her to the best zoo in the COUNTRY!!- so she's good and tired now and I can work on stuff!
Here she is on the way there; she is OBSESSED with that dino!

My husband and I decided to drop cable last year and to rely solely on Netflix and Hulu streaming for our entertainment. We LOVE it and have watched so many great seasons of t.v. shows on there. We've watched (and loved) all the seasons of:
1. 3rd Rock from the Sun
2. Arrested Development
3. My Name Is Earl
4. Raising Hope
5. How I Met Your Mother

And now we've just started The Wonder Years (we've never watched even one episode before!) I love it so far- especially because it's back to school season and I'm switching back to sixth grade. The main character, Kevin reminds me of all the reasons I LOVE that awkward age. After every Wonder Years sesh, I find myself telling my husband how fired up I am about teaching sixth.  He listens patiently. :)

I just love back to school season- it's such an exciting time- and I cannot WAIT to have my room finished- not that I need another reason to be even MORE excited. All of you lovely teacher-bloggers have given me some great ideas for room setup and decor and I can't wait to get them going! I'll continue the process next Monday- though we're not due back until August 14th.

Regarding week's Made-It-Monday: I've been stewing on some ideas I got from my Kagan Cooperative Learning seminar this summer (at Disney World!) and I finally figured out what my next project will be. Here are my clues:
1. I'm going to go buy THIS tonight. (I hope they come in single packs!!)
2. I'm going to cut it up.
3. There will be hot glue and magnets.

I can't wait to show you next week! It should be impressive. AND it should go with my black, white, and green school colors theme perfectly!


8 comments:

  1. Showing some love from the Currently blog link up. I love Hulu and Netflix to, we had it strictly for a year and got cable recently due to a to good to pass up deal, but miss it to be honest, I think we may go back after our current contract is up!

    http://owlrightythen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the Currently blog link up and showin you some luuuuuvvvvvv!! We need some more rain too, my garden is so dry! The sound of a silent house is a beautiful thing!!

    Cindy
    All Things Teachery

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - The Wonder Years is my favorite show. It ran every night on a little station here for about a year, and I DVR'd every episode I could. I won't delete them so they take up space like crazy. Think I'm going to have to do Netflix so I can watch them :) I'm your newest follower & found you through the Currently Linky. Stop by sometime:)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Wonder Years too! I just found you through Currently! Come check us out sometime. http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    Your newest follower,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love The Wonder Years! I think I might have to watch that this week!

    I've nominated your blog for an award! Stop by my blog to pick it up!
    Julie
    4th Grade Haps and Hacks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved watching the Wonder Years! Wish I could send you rain...it has been doing that almost everyday.

    Patti
    One Class, One Sound

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower!! Just found your blog YAY!!!! I hope you'll check out my blog sometime:)

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete