Sunday, March 24, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week Freebie and SALE!

Our school is celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week next week! (Bring on the jeans days!)

During Teacher Appreciation Week, I love to make sure that all of the teachers in the grades below me get a thoughtful letter from a former student. I believe that kind words are the best gift you can give and It's wonderful to hear that a student's letter brightened a teacher's day or made her cry (in a good way) to receive kind words from a student. Sometimes students just need a little nudge to show their gratitude.

Here's a document you can use to spread the love around your building this week (or during your TAW!) Every year, I have students do an assignment like this and every year, I need extra copies- because many students don't want to stop at just one teacher!

I always have the students who are newer to the school write letters to their specials teachers- or paras- that way everyone is writing to a teacher from their current school. I go through the list of teachers starting at Kindergarten and ending at 5th to have students volunteer for each teacher.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I realize I need to come up with an idea for the newer teachers that none of my students have had... Maybe I'll borrow a student to write one from each of their classrooms during the week sometime...

Hm.

Well, have a great week! You are awesome!

P.S.: All of the items in my TN store will be 30% off until next Saturday to show my appreciation for all teachers everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment