Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Free Manage Mat-Style Nametags

Hi friends!
I hope you are all enjoying your summer! I was working on some nametags for my school and thought I'd share this morning in case any of you are thinking about school this week!

I used these nametags all last year. They helped me manage my Kagan Cooperative Learning structures. They are awesome for classroom management! You can say things like:
"Teammate 1, you're responsible for picking up supplies, teammate 2, you are in charge of trash for your team, etc."
"What was the best thing you did this summer? Teammate 1, start. When everyone has shared, stand up to show me you are finished."
"Turn to your first partner. Teammate As, explain why you halve the product of the length and with when you're finding the area of a triangle."


These nametags work with the following desk arrangement recommended at the Kagan Cooperative Learning seminar I attended last year!
Desk arrangement and ability level grouping. High Achieving, High Medium, Low Medium and Low Achieving. Don't sit High and Low together to avoid frustration.



Here are the links to the files:

P.S. I just posted a new Donors Choose project- If you type INSPIRE when you check out- donations will be MATCHED through tomorrow!
Freebie Fridays

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I might have to borrow some of the elements for my classroom. I have three different sets of kids (two preps...long story) but I love the idea of using the pre set partners! Thanks for this. When I make mine I will be sure to post and give credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! The partners idea actually comes from Kagan Cooperative Learning. The Manage Mats are handy!

    ReplyDelete