Thursday, August 1, 2013

Birthday Sign Freebie Friday & Embarrassing Meet the Teacher Night Incident

Teachers in my district return to school on August 7th and Meet the Teacher Night is scheduled for August 8th.

Gulp.

It's officially crunch time. Of course, I've already been working on setting up my classroom- there is a LOT of work to do because I just back into my old classroom that burned down- so I have to organize all of my stuff AGAIN. It's been stressful. I had to email a bunch of people to get my furniture- and now I'm trying to get a corkboard and a whiteboard in the room before next Thursday. Cross your fingers for me.


I decided to make a frameable sign for birthdays to keep my mind off of the stressful things- like possibly having NOT EVEN ONE wall display when everyone and their family comes to my room next week. Here's the file. I made it in multiple colors for your decorating pleasure. There's an editable file and a PDF. I hope you can use it! :)

     
Check out the Freebie Friday linky party at Teaching Blog Addict to find more great free stuff!

I'm getting pretty excited for a new group of kids. I'm always anxious for nights like Open House and Meet the Teacher Night because you never know what's going to happen.

I'll leave you with an embarrassing incident that happened to me at last year's Meet the Teacher Night:


Pretty mortifying, huh?

Do any of you have embarrassing stories involving parents? I seem to be accumulating my own. Ha!
Good luck getting your year started!


1 comment:

  1. Great post, I appreciate you and I would like to read your next post. Thanks for sharing this useful information. Birthday Lawn Signs

    ReplyDelete