Friday, October 25, 2013

My Halloweek

I'm linking up with Doodle Bug's Teaching and Teaching Blog Addict for a combination of Freebie Friday and Five for Friday.



1. Look at one of my little cuties left on my desk last week!

I found it on my desk and announced, "Somebody lost their apple- whose apple is this?" Then a boy in my class sheepishly said that he had brought it for me. TOO cute. It totally made my day.

2. Check out my new blog design! I did it myself and I SO love it! 

3. I'm getting excited for Halloweek at school! I have some fun activities planned for the week- like this awesome writing idea from Tara at 4th Grade Frolics:
Click on the image to see her teammate's great idea!
I also just finished planning our school Halloween Party- if you want a cheap, easy, pre-planned party, head on over to my TN store to pick up the FREEBIE! Our party will consist of a costume party, a whole group game, and five small group games and crafts. It should be a fun time!

Here are a few examples of the games included in my freebie.




3B. I'm also excited for passing out my treats at the Halloween party! The kids always get WAY too much candy, so last year when I was looking for an alternative treat, I found out about Halloween Comic Fest! Comic book companies make Halloween editions and give them to comic stores to give out on Halloween or sell before Halloween. My local shop sells them for 25 cents each. Last year when I brought these in, the kids went crazy. They all wanted to read EVERY SINGLE book- and were begging each other to trade so they could read them all. There's nothing that warms my teacher heart faster than seeing kids BEGGING to read- hence the excitement for bringing these babies back again this year. Click HERE to find out where you can get the Halloween Comic Fest mini books in your neck of the woods! 
Can you guess which one I bought for my two year old? :)


4. I'm also excited for our at-home Halloween plans!
I have made my family's costumes since my daughter was born and this year was no different!
My daughter's first costume I made was Olivia:


Then, last year we were the Flintstones:


And this year, we're going as our pets. We have two cats and a dog. Here's a little sneak peek of my daughter's Macy costume. 


5. Last but not least, I'm excited to announce that our fall conferences are over! Our school has had 100% conference attendance for three years running and this year will be the fourth! (We hunt people down, lol!) This is the first time that EVERY parent in my class has come without me having to call anyone. I was so happy to actually be finished on the last conference day! What a relief!
And check out what one of the families brought for me:

Not one enchilada, not two- but a WHOLE TRAY of enchiladas! Dinner is going to be easy tonight, my friends.
Sigh. I love my job.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I finished with conferences today too!! Hurray!! I am the same way about costumes, I love making them. This year my husband and I are going as a 60's mod couple, but my daughters have their own ideas now that they are older. I love the little Olivia costume, how precious!
    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete