Friday, January 17, 2014

Best Bulletin Board Fonts!


Happy three day weekend, everyone! It's time for another Five for Friday! Here are my five favorite things that happened this week:



1. This was actually last Friday, one of my former students who is now in middle school came to school to visit me. After I greeted him, he held this bag out to me. I asked him what it was for, he said, "you!" I opened it and found that he had bought gas station cookies (our favorite) for both my para and myself. I keep thinking of this all week and smiling. He could have spent his two dollars on anything and he chose to use his money to make us happy! Kids these days. :-)
2. My kids always have trouble remembering which number is the divisor and which is the dividend when changing a fraction to a decimal. I have started asking my students to come up with their own clever ways to remember it. (27 brains are better than one!) They never cease to amaze me.
We call the division box "the house," and I asked them how to remember that the denominator goes on the outside of the house. One girl blurted out, "DING DONG DENOMINATOR!!" and said it was like the denominator is ringing the doorbell! Everyone remembers how to change a fraction to a decimal now! 


3. I bought a table off of Craigslist last week and painted a chalkboard top on it! My family loves it- it's so fun and easy to do impromptu drawings or letter lessons! Yay!


4. Here are the Book Club books my class is reading this month. In January, they read about slavery and Abraham Lincoln. They're enjoying the books so far. The class favorite right now is Chasing Lincoln's Killer- which is not pictured. It's a really action-packed, intense account of the 12 day manhunt that took place after Lincoln's assassination. One of my reading groups is really into the book.
5. A new teacher asked for some bulletin board help this week. I am SO sick of die cuts so I tried searching "bulletin board fonts" on Pinterest and found NOTHING! So I compiled my own list of fonts that are easy to print, laminate, and cut out. Here are my favorite easy bulletin board fonts! 
Follow these links to get the ones you want!
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. My class loves the Who is series, I think I must have bought 40 of them this year for my second graders. We even did book reports and dressed up as the person the book was about, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to compile a list of good bulletin board fonts. I love KG A Little Swag!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog Kayla! Love your font list too...thanks! I pinned it!!
    How old is your daughter? She's super cute! I have a 2 1/2 year old son.
    Have a great week!
    Elyse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is 2 1/2 as well! Her birthday is May 5th.

      Delete
  4. oh and...how did you add the related posts widget? I'm having such a hard time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the tutorial on this website:
      http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-add-related-posts-widget-to.html
      If you label your posts, this should work!

      Delete
  5. Cute blog! I am your newest follower! :)
    ~Heather @ Loose Shoelaces

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information

    guillotine paper trimmer

    wire binding supplies

    presentation display boards

    used print finishing equipment

    ReplyDelete