Monday, July 21, 2014

Kagan Cooperative Learning Conference!

Oh, just a selfie with brain scientist and
cooperative learning guru, Dr. Spencer Kagan!
 Happy Monday, everyone! I haven't blogged in awhile, but I just got back from the Kagan Summer Academy, so I have to share about my trip! I learned lots and had tons of fun with my colleagues. If you ever get the chance to go to the summer academy, DO IT! It's life-changing!

    To begin, let's start with a little clip that talks about what cooperative learning is all about:


   I feel so fortunate to work at my school- over 70% of our school is Kagan-trained. I got the privilege of attending the five day cooperative learning course two years ago (which I LOVED and always rave about.) I also got the opportunity to extend my learning last week by attending the Literacy and Thinking Skills classes. About half of our staff attended the conference this summer! 

    Another great thing about the conference was that there were so many exciting things to do during our downtime! How many teachers can say that they bonded with their colleagues at DISNEY WORLD?? It was a great experience and gave us an opportunity to unwind, discuss what we learned, and get to know each other- which will surely increase collaboration during the next school year!

I'll do another post soon to share ideas for setting up and managing your CL classroom! Until then, I hope everyone is having a relaxing, recharging summer!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so nice post on Cooperative Learning Conference! Thanks for this wonderful share. Our company is also going to organize such an event in next month at one of the most famous corporate events Chicago venues.

    ReplyDelete